About Our Swedish Massage
Multiple different techniques and intensities of pressure are used during a Swedish Massage, the main two being effleurage and petrissage. Effleurage relates to softer, gentle massage strokes with little pressure, best suited to initially warm up the muscle and work on bonier areas. Once the thicker muscle tissue is warmed, petrissage movements will be used to work deeper into the tissue to release strain and knots.
A Swedish Massage can be used to target a particular health issue, such as muscle cramps, arthritis and sciatica. Movements will work on the problem area to relax the muscle, ease pain and promote active movement.
Benefits of a Swedish Massage
- Stimulates blood flow to help pump oxygen and essential nutrients through the body
- Calms the nervous system to reduce anxiety and tension
- Reduces emotional and physical stress
- Hydrates and moisturises the skin
- Promotes a healthier and stronger immune system
- Can be used as a natural form of pain management and rehabilitation for injuries
- Increases flexibility and ease of movement
Your Relaxation is Only One Click Away
"A huge thank you to Sabai Massage for always helping me to relax and unwind! Their Swedish Massage is divine, and you can feel a huge difference immediately!"